Monday, July 11, 2011

Love Me.

Sometimes, when I'm just doing random stuff- folding laundry, driving home from work, making dinner- I feel this intense need to just scream and yell. Like I'm ready to attack anyone who tries to talk to me, like I want someone to piss me off so I can yell. 

It's been happening for years, and it comes and goes and I have never acted upon it. Never.

I couldn't figure out why this was happening; I have a great life and there isn't anything that should make me this upset. There shouldn't be something that just takes a squat down inside me and refuses to leave.

But there is. There is so much wrong in this world that I can't believe. There are people that are just plain idiots. And I never say anything. I don't tell the mother who is letting her kid scream at the airport while she is on her cell phone telling Sheri that "he is so stupid and I can't believe she slept with that man-whore" that not only is she rude, but her kid will probably be rude if that's how she is raising him. 

I don't say anything when my boss says things like "you know how those black people are" when I really want to say that "No I don't, because I'm not a racist like you."


So I don't say anything at the time and rant about it later to my boyfriend. I have this need to always have people like me, even though I'm secretly sending heat missiles behind their back, or flashing them my "stare." 



But there is also many things in this world that make me cry because I can't believe that someone or something is so amazing. I cry at Extreme Home Makeover because there are so many incredible people out there who don't get recognized and who deserve so much more. I stare riveted to the TV during the Olympics because at no other point in time do people from all over the world come together to celebrate the athleticism in all of us. 

So what's this blog for? For me to rant about what drives me crazy, and to share what makes me happy.


Dear World. Be Nice. Love Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment